29 October 2018

"Never Stop Dreaming" | Colour Blast


Welcome Back

For my share today I created a Dream Catcher canvas wall hanging.   I love having some of my creations hanging on my craftroom walls and since  need to use up my stash (to make room for more) I went for this canvas as my project base.



To start my project, using some plain white tissue paper and a really good gel medium I attached the tissue to the canvas base.
  
Once dry I did several coats of Heavy White Gesso to seal it and give it a great working surface.

I then chose an array of Colour Shimmer Sprays including Sunshine, Tangereen Dream, Apple of My Eye, Deep Water, Lovely Lilac and Envy and went crazy. As much as I liked the background there was too much colour and a little too much shimmer.  
To fix this I went back over the top of the colour with the Heavy White Gesso again so soften the background and I was happy with the end result. I forgot to take a second photo after the second coat.


 Next I got to add my favourite Colour Shimmer Dust in Lollipop and really hit with the water spray so that the colour got in to all the creases of the tissue paper.

I then worked on my embellishments.  I love the Celebr8 chipboard and adore the feather piece.  I firstly gave it a coating of Heavy White Gesso and then with a sponge and Colour Artist Ink in Slipper. I allowed each coating to dry but I just couldn't get the colour I wanted.... maybe I was too impatient to build it up.


So I quickened up the process and added some of the Colour Artist Ink in Slipper to some Heavy White Gesso and mixed it up in my pallet.  I made sure when I mixed it that it had a marbled effect so hopefully it would transfer like an ombre effect when it dried. 


I then mixed my Colour Artist Inks in Oasis and Mermaid together to make a more jade colour and then painted it on to some feather I made using a silicone mold.  They came up a great.


 Using the Colour Embossing Powder in Deep Water and Rose Petal and embossed a wood veneer wreath with a marbled effect. I then used the Deep Water Colour Embossing Powder again and heat embossed my title.


Using an array of Little Birdie Crafts flowers, a bit of bling and all the other embellishments that I altered using Colour Blast products I completed the canvas. 

Below are a full picture of my finish canvas and several closeups.





Thanks for stopping by. 
Until next time... happy crafting.

Anita E
xx










No comments:

Post a Comment