2 August 2018

"Living Today" | Colour Blast


Hi fellow Colour Blasters

I am so thrilled to have been asked to join the wonderful Colour Blast Design Team for 2018-2019.  I have followed the amazing team of designers on the team for a long time and love using the product when I get to play with it..... and now I do on a very regular basis.


For my first creation for Colour Blast I wanted to do a 12x12" layout showcasing the gorgeous Artist Inks in my kind of colours - bright yellows and oranges.



To start my layout I covered the area that I was going to apply my Artist Inks to with some Heavy White Gesso. I really love this product as it dries so quickly which is great for me as I am such an impatient crafter.


I wanted to create a layout that matched the photo of my niece wearing her sunnies last summer holidays so chose the Colour Artist Inks in Citrus and Cider. 
Using the dropper I added droplets of both colours along the diagonal and then using a brush blended them across the page. Next I used my heat gun to dry the inks off.



Once my page was dry I then took a matching orange ink and stamps several images over the artist ink and around the page to add another texture and feature to the page. I also add some splats in the Colour Shimmer Spray Tangareen Dream.

Using one of my many many stencils in my stash and the Snow White Colour Paste and added another layer to my page. I think the Snow White colour paste is my absolute thing EVER!!! I love how once dry the backgrounds colour show through.  So so so cool!!



Now that my background is done, I then had fun putting it all together with embellishments and flower clusters.  Using embellishments from Charms Creations, Flutterby Designs and D-lish Scraps I finished off my page. My title was from Celebr8 and inked in a matching orange ink, the same as the background stamping.

Here are a couple of closeups of my finished page.












Thank you so much for dropping by.
Have a great day and happy creating :)

 Anita
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment