27 December 2017

"Say Cheese" | Couture Creations


Hi Everyone,

With the end of 2017 coming to a close I thought I would revisit the THE RITZ 
collection by Sue Smyth.  
I wanted to aim for a more male orientated theme with this photo of my brother Mark and his son Thomas.  The colourings in the photo fitted perfectly with the collection.  I think I hit the 
nail on the head, so to speak.


So, to start I chose the papers that I wanted to use with the photo, and cut the stripe at 6 1/2" along the horizontal and attached it with some double-sided tape on top of the other paper. 

To hide the seam I cut a 1/2" strip of some of the Obsidian Ultimate Crafts Cardstock and attached it over the seam of the papers as shown in the next photo.

Taking the Art Deco Tag decorative die from the collection I cut two die-cuts.  I then trimmed them down to two pieces shown below.  

Working from the outside edges, left and right, towards the centre, I adhered the trimmed down die cuts.  The two middle pieces will overlap but this will not matter as my photo and other embellishments will be placed over the overlapped die cuts. 

From one of the papers in the back of the paper pad I cut one of the border strips and added it underneath the 1/2" piece of black cardstock that I had earlier adhered over the 
seam of the patterned papers. Using the Classy Flower decorative die cut one in the Obsidian cardstock.  I cut this in half and attached it to the top left of the page.


 Using the Evening Cocktail 6x6" paper pad I took the gold stripe paper and die cut the 

 Next I chose 4 of the mini gears from the chipboard set and using the Champagne and Midnight Black heat activated foil applied it to the chipboard. 

Using a couple of other matching papers from the "Theatre" patterned papers I created three banners, each mounted on to some of the black cardstock.


 My photo was mounted on black (it already had a white mat around it when it was printed). I wrapped some white and black twine around the photo. Next I took the three banners I made and attached them around the bottom half of the photo. 

I added a paper doily from my stash underneath the die cut Otis doily and attached it to the back of the mounted photo. I then adhered the entire piece to my page.

I added some bling from my stash and then placed the gears to the page.


I added clusters of flowers and other embellishments to the bottom left of the photo, added a title and it was finished.  Not too girlie at all I don't think :)

 



PRODUCTS USED

The Ritz Collection

Other Couture Creations Products
CO725275 - Ornamental Affair Collection - Otis Doily - discontinued 
 (but there are heaps of other doily dies from Couture Creations available)
 

Thanks so much for visiting today.  I hope you all have a wonderful end to 2017 and a fantastic and safe start to 2018.  See you all back here soon.

Take care, and keep crafting.

Anita 
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment