12 September 2017

"Don't be FOILED ..... it's nearly Christmas" | Ultimate Crafts



Hi Everyone, Anita back here on the blog with you today.  Until the last couple of days I really have played heaps with my new Go Press and Foil machine from Couture Creations. I

 really needed to start thinking of Christmas cards because I know some family and friends will want me to make some for them as well so I have been playing and really having fun.

Everything used in these two cards is from the new Ultimate Crafts range  
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas.




Card 1 - Merry Christmas

I really love using white and gold together so for Christmas I just had to do it.



This card I made using a 5x7" card base.
To start I embossed a piece of cardstock measuring 1/4" smaller all around than the card base.

Next I took a gold ink pad a lightly dragged it across the face of the embossed cardstock so it only coloured the raised portion of the cardstock. I also inked around the edges with the gold ink.

Using the gorgeous Snowflake die from the collection I die cut one full set of dies + a second one of the chunkier of the three dies.  I used the beautiful lined gold  Mirror Board from Couture Creations.

 There are so so many gorgeous hotfoil stamps with collections and a couple of really pretty sentiments.  For this card I used the Merry Christmas sentiment which I foiled using the Matte Gold foil on to some white smooth card.

I then trimmed it down and snipped in the edges.  I then backed the sentiment on to
some more of the lined gold Mirror Board.

All the components were now complete and I then constructed the card.  To finish I added a few 
pieces of bling from my personal stash to the centres  of the snowflakes.







 Card 2 - Season's Greetings

So, do you know the saying 'Blue and Green should not be seen', well it was big when I was a young one in the 1970's, well I say BAH HUMBUG!!!! I love them together and chose this
combination for my second card.



I got a little carried away making this card and forgot to take a photo of the embossing of the white cardstock with the gorgeous Snowflake embossing folder.
 I die cut two of the Holly Branch die from the collection and I decided I wanted to foil it.
I used several layers of card 'shim' on my Go Press and Foil machine but the centre still didn't take the foil as much I would have liked as you can see below.

So, I decided to put some of the Turbo Glue Pen glue to the portions that didn't take and 
waited until it became tacky.

Once the glue was tacky I then took some of the Blue Green foil and dabbed it over the glue.
Below is how it turned out..... I loved it!!

Next using the Season's Greeting Candle Hotfoil stamp I stamped three images with the  
Blue Green foil.

Next I took my Chameleon Pens and coloured in my candles.  
They came out pretty okay with the ombre effect. I have to say I haven't had many
chances to use them so hopefully this is the start of some fun colouring in. I then 
fussy cut the three candles.

Next I hotfoiled the sentiment Season's Greetings and again as in card 1, snipped in each side.  This time I inked around the edges of the sentiment.
Sorry guys, I forgot to take a photo of that, but I am sure you will be able to visualise it..... and 
you get to see it up close below anyway :)

I then constructed the card, adding a little bit of green bling to some of the embossed 
snowflakes on the card.



 PRODUCTS USED

CARD 1

CARD 2

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you have a great week
and find some to do something creative.

Until next time.
Ciao for now.

Anita
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment