19 January 2017

Good Friends Make Good Times Better | D-lish Scraps


Hiya Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by today.  
One of my closest friends, Tracey,  is the Queen of the Selfie, she has totally mastered it.  The photo in my layout was taken at one of the famous Workshop Wonders days from several years ago.  I have always loved this photo with Tracey Cooley, scrapbooking teacher extraordinaire,  who is also a dear friend. We call them T1 and T2.


I have based my layout on Gwen's January Cybercrop Challenge
and the use of the very in trend of diagonals.


So, to create my layout I thought the photo colours warranted the use of yellow and pinks.  Using a white cardstock base for my layout I took a strip of washi tape and ran it across the top of the page on an angle. After positioning my photo it was just a matter of cutting pieces of patterned paper and plain cardstock to different shapes and sizes to lay around my photo. I did use two cards from one of my hundreds of Project Life kits and a couple of different prints of washi tape.


I kept the embellishments to a minimum.
I love my enamal dots so I scattered a couple of each pink and yellow  around the page.  I heat embossed a wood veneer arrow from a previous kit in yellow.  I couldn't help but add a small cluster of flowers to the bottom left of the photo which included roses, forget-me-nots, and a small satin flower from a past Just Add Paper kit. You can find bits from previous kits there too.


When you check out the shop don't forget to look in the clearance section as you might some really good bargains. I found some coorindating words in matching colours on a Paint Chip Tab and Ombre Wordfetti.  I mounted these on some 3D foam dots.

My finishing touch was a bright yellow resin heart 
and a flair from my stash. Flairs can also be found in the D-lish Scraps shop.



If you would like to join in on the Cybercrops that started on the 13th of January drop by the SCRAP SUITE and take a look.  There are all great. If you join in on the fun you will go in the draw for a Just Add Paper kit only available to cybercrop participants.  
If you take part in all four challenges you will also go in the draw for a one and only kit.

Until next time, thank you so much for dropping by.

Anita
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment