3 October 2016

Memories are Made of This



Hi Hi Everyone,

I feel very blessed to have been chosen to be part of the D-lish Scraps Design team for the next six months and wrapped that I get to create with such gorgeous embellishments.
Today I am sharing with you my very first blog post for October that recently
went live on the D-lish blog.



 I have been a gatherer of everything D-lish for quick a while now and love all the 'Just Add Paper' kits to which I am now an avid subscriber.  I didn't ever want to risk missing out on Amanda's beautiful kits full of such yumminess.  The JAP kits help you create a quick layout or card and if you're lucky you may have a few embellies left to build your stash and use of another creation.


My layout started with a selection of papers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  After chosing my background paper I then cut smaller pieces to mount behind the photo to draw the eye in. 

I started printing quite a few of my photos as Instagram ones as I really like the square look to photos.  I also just recently started adding the white border when I printed the photos so it saved me mounting them.  If I then decided I didn't want the white surround I could just cut off that small amount without affecting the overall look of the photo at all.
I mounted my photo on to some black cardstock and added foam tape to the back to make the photo pop out which is what the layout is all about. Before adhering the photo to the background papers I added a few strips of washi tape, a strip on the white punchinella to the top and cut a matching paper doily in half to add to the base of the photo.  I then took one of the grey check mini bags and cut it down adhering it to the bottom left of the photo. Once stuck down I then could add the journal card. My journal card came from a previous kit but there is a miriad of journal cards in the store to chose from.
I added some flairs buttons, resin flowers and paper flowers including a poppy, magnolia, rose and gardenia and of course a sequin bow.
Oh, I also had to add my new favourite love on the D-lish Scraps store, the enamel shapes.  On this layout I used a couple of hearts and an arrow.  Along with a couple of wood veneer hearts and resin bird the layout was finished.








D-lish Products Used


Don't forget that the current October Inspiration Board Challenge is on the blog now. Get you creative juices running and upload your layouts to the blog by the 31st of the Month to be in the running for some great prizes.

Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my 1st blog post.  I hope you visit us everyday to see what wonderful creations the girls come up with.  
I shall see you all later in the month with my next post.  

Stay Happy and Keep Crafting :)

Anita







No comments:

Post a Comment