6 December 2018

"Ellie" | Colour Blast


Happy Thursday Everyone

With Christmas just around the corner I am glad you dropped in to the blog today to check out my latest creation.

We adopted the most beautifully natured rescue puppy earlier this year after our 14 year old boy.  My other fur child Molly was depressed at his death and was very lonely so Miss Ellie came along at just the perfect time...... and even though they are both girls it was love at first sight for them.   

Just the one photo shows just how photogenic she is with her big bunny rabbit.


For this layout I decided to use my Colour Shimmer Dusts in Candy and Peacock on watercolour paper.  Firstly on my mixing mat I added the Colour Shimmer Dust to some water.

After spraying the watercolour paper I then dipped my brush in the mixed up Colour Shimmer Dusts and lightly dabbed my brush on to the wet watercoLour paper. I tried it first on a small piece and I loved how the colours were so rich so I have kept the small piece to use at a later date on a card.

Below is how my finish A4 piece of watercolour paper turned out.
I looked amazing. 

Once dry I then tore the watercolour paper and adhered it to my page base card. By doing my watercolouring this way I also had the control of where it went on my layout rather than leaving it to chance which is my normal result with mixed media products.

Some of us 'Colour Blasters' have the amazing Shimmer Cubes in their stash and until they run out I continue to use them on many of my projects to colour items.  For this layout I used the cube to colour some wood veneer pawprints from Corbett Creations and some letter to create Ellie's name.


And here are a couple of closeups of my finished layout.


Thanks for stopping by.
With Christmas coming in a couple of weeks how many presents are you making?

Until next time...

 Anita E
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment