18 April 2017

Butterfly Wishes

Welcome back Everyone, today I'm sharing another creation I have made using the Rambling Rose collection from Ultimate Crafts.

I say you can never have enough cards in your collection, so when I get a chance to pump out a handful I do. 
This one unfortunately was destined for a home before I even started.

 For my base card I used one of the Couture Creations card and envelope sets.
After selecting the papers I wanted to use from the Cardmakers Set, I cut my selected papers to 5", 4.5" and 4" squares, distressed the edges and mounted them on to the card base.  
You will notice I mounted them off centre a little further to the right of the card than the left.

Next, I deconstructed one of the Camden Cottage Rose flowers removing the back two layers of petals.  I mixed up my own mists using the Mix & Match Pigment Powders in white and rose.
Firstly I spritzed the deconstructed flower and two of the Tied and Jewelled Florettes (I removed the crystals from the centre) in the white pearlised spritz and then dried it off quickly with my heat gun.  The rose spritz wasn't playing nice and wouldn't work so I had to improvise, so using a small paint brush I painted the edges of the petals with the pearlised spritz and then the centre of the rose.  The picture below is after I had finished 'painting' it with the rose spritz.  I wasn't the happiest with it but once I resprayed it with the white spritz and the pink softened I was happy with the end result.  Once dry I added some of the rose coloured pearls to the centre of each of the smaller roses.

Using the leaf die from the Rambling Rose die set, I die cut 4 lots of leaves.  To emphasise the veins on the leaf I took my white pen and drew them in.

Once I had all the pieces ready I constructed the card.  My sentiment came from the Ephemera pack, which I mounted it on some 3D foam dots. Once in place on the centre right of the card, I attached the flowers to the left of the sentiment.  The leaves were tucked in under the flowers and I added a finishing touch of some white spritzed twine.

Products Used

Thanks for visiting the blog today.

Don't forget to follow the Artdeco Creations Blog and also follow Couture Creations|Ultimate Crafts on
FacebookPinterestInstagram and Twitter

Happy Crafting.



9 April 2017

Little Munchkin | Artdeco Creations

Hello again Everyone
Today I'm sharing with you a layout that I have created using the Rambling Rose collection designed by the lovely Sue Smyth.

 Here is how I created my page.

For my layout I wanted to use multiple photos, which is something I rarely do. 
I kept the photos smaller at 3"x 4" each in size.
I double matted each of the photos in a matching yellow and mauve to match in with the patterned paper that I chose for my background. When I matted the photo on the yellow I added an extra inch in length at the bottom of the photo so that I could add a strip of butterfly ephemera.
I used 3D foam tape on the back of one of the photos to give them different dimension on the page.

Next I die cut the Mini Sprigs die set 4 times.  I attached two sets to the back of each photo before adhering the photos to the background patterned paper.

For this layout I again did some more fussy cutting of butterflies.  The butterflies in Sue's collection were just made to colour and bling up.  They are just gorgeous.  Here is one of the butterflies that I prettied up for the layout.  I created this by inking the centre of the butterfly using a matching mauve ink and once dry used the Crystalina Glitzin' Glamour in the centre.
I added the Glitzin' Glamour in Crystalina to the other butterflies as well and once dry popped on one of the mauve pearls.

I slightly deconstructed one of the white camden cottage roses, taking off the largest two layers of petals, which I kept for another layout.  I then added a matching yellow to the edges of the petals and mauve to the centre.  I then spritzed it with water to soften the colours.  After it dried I then sprayed it with some adhesive and dipped it into some of the Anna Griffin white glitter and allowed it to dry.
The small roses were dabbed into a matching purple ink and then spritzed with water to soften the colour.  


The little alpha stamps from the Bunting and Stamp Set from the colleciton is just the perfect size and used it for Molly's name above the photo.
The chipboard title was created by mixing some of the Anna Griffin gesso with some of the mauve pigment powder and then added to the chipboard title.  
Once dry I dabbed some of the Crystalina Glitzin' Glamour over the title lightly.

To finish, using the altered flowers along with a couple of the jewelled florettes I made clusters on the bottom edges of both photos adding the altered butterflies. I added the the largest of the butterflies to a large 3D foam dot and adhered it between the two photos, scattered a couple more butterflies around the page and added the title.

Thanks for popping in today.  Don't forget there will be more gorgeous creations to share again tomorrow.

Don't forget to follow the Artdeco Creations Blog and also follow Couture Creations|Ultimate Crafts on
FacebookPinterestInstagram and Twitter