23 November 2020

"Heartfelt" for Colour Blast by Bee Arty

 Hi Everyone


Wow!! I can't believe it is nearly December. 2020 has been such a weird year and challenging year for all of us in one way or another, some of us more than others.

A large part of my immediate family were in Melbourne's lockdown and where their new normal is coming in to affect I love seeing the experiences they are all having to bring some normality back to their family.

For today's share I chose to use some photos of my gorgeous nephew Thomas choosing some flowers for his Mumma.  The way he touched the petals in a couple of the photos and then choosing a bunch to give to his Daddy to pay for is just adorable.  I hope I have done them justice.

 This layout just brings a smile to my face 😄


To start my layout I work out approximately where i wanted to use the shimmer dust and then applied a layer of Heavy White Gesso to the white cardstock.  Once the gesso was drive I sprinkled a small amount of Duke Shimmer Dust to the cardstock and lightly sprayed with water.  

Remember to apply shimmer dust lightly.  It is easier to continue to add more than apply too much to start and then not be able to bring it back.

Next I stamped a heap of flowers using an archival black ink using the flowers from the Floral Delights Stamp Sets No. 1 and No. 2.  I used the Colour Blast water colours in Scarlet however you can colour them with whatever medium you have.  Artist Inks from Colour Blast work equally as well. Once you have coloured them the way you want (I left some just white) fussy cut them out.

 

Once the Shimmer Dust has dried and you have it to the shade you like, using the Meridian Stamp Set stamp some circles to the cardstock. I added some splatters of red using the Scarlet watercolour pan.

I then mounted my photos on some chipboard offcuts and attached them to my page.

Next, using the Honeycomb metal die and the Flowers metal die, cut out a couple of flowers and one of the honeycomb.  Cut the honeycomb in a couple of pieces.

 
Arrange the fussy cut flowers and die cut flowers and honeycomb on to the page, layering them under the photos, mounting some on foam tape/dots and layering over the edges of the photos.
Next I stamped one of the bees and dragonflies on to the page from the Make me Happy stamp set, and the small sentiment from set as well.
To finish I coloured a chipboard title with my shimmer cubes, glued it to the page and added a gorgeous red Charms Creations heart.

Check out the finished page below and another close up.


 
Products Used
Watercolour Pan - Scarlet
Shimmer Cube - Stormy Weather
 
 
Thank you all so much for stopping by.
Please make sure you take the time to enjoy some 'me' time and create. There is nothing better for the soul.

Ciao for now,
Anita
xx
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment