1 September 2018

Flourish | Colour Blast


Hi Everyone

For my share today I've stepped outside my normal comfort zone of white backgrounds.  It is so easy to manipulate the white with colours so I decided to go the total opposite and use a black as my base for my scrapbooking page.


I prepared my cardstock by applying the Heavy Black Gesso. Once dry I softened the background using the Colour Shimmer Spray in Snow White.  I did this twice, the second time once the first spray had dried.  I have to apologise as I did forget to take a photo of the cardstock once I had sprayed it with the Colour Shimmer spray.


Next I applied some of the Heavy White Gesso through a couple of stencils.  I really love this gesso as it dries quite quickly, which is great as I am an impatient crafter.  I have learnt that by leaving your gesso open (without the lid) it helps thicken it up.  Mine obviously isn't as thick as I really want it as it bled a little underneath my large stencil.  You couldn't really notice it in the finished page so all turned out for the best :)




When the stenciling was dry I felt that it was like it was going to jump off the page and grab me around the throat so to soften it I decided to throw in a bit of pink.  Using some more of the Colour Shimmer Spray in Blush I sprayed over the gesso stenciling and dabbed off the excess with a paper towel.


My last bit of prep work was covering both my wood veneer title and chipboard accent with some white gesso.  For the title I added some Colour Paste in Snow White and for the chipboard accent I dabbed the Colour Paste in Punch over it with my finger.



Once I was happy with the background for my layout and title and chippie I added my photo, ephemera and other embellishments to the page. Oh, and a huge shout out to Jodi from Corbett Creations for my special wood veneer word.

To finish I used one of the new Shimmer Brush pens in Clear over some of my ephemera pieces to add a little bit of bling without being obvious. These pens are great and also come in gold and silver. 

Check out a few closeups of the finished page.





Thank you for popping on by.  
Don't forget to keep the craft alive.... and find at least a little time in your busy week to have a bit of a play.


Anita
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment