7 February 2018

Stop and Smell the Roses | Couture Creations


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  

Good Morning Everyone,

Having pretty papers to play with makes creating so much easier.  I love the C'est La Vie collection and am really enjoying doing layouts with the 12x12 paper pad. This latest one is of me with my gorgeous niece Sabine and some Snapchat fun :)


I decided for this layout that I needed to mute the patterned paper that I used to base my layout around.  To do this I chose to use the Anna Griffin/Couture Creations Acrylic Gesso.  I did a light coat to the paper and allowed it to dry.


This 2nd photo shows how much softer the paper looks.

I added some texture to the background using one of the Anna Griffin/Couture Creations stencils with the beautiful fluffy embossing paste.  This embossing paste is my go to for adding texture to my pages.  It is a beautiful white and more importantly it dries so quickly which is fantastic as it doesn't slow me down to much when I am on a roll with my creating.

 Next I took a selection of patterned papers and transformed them in to banners of differing widths and lengths.  I muted the edges with a matching pink ink.

Below is a rough placement of how I wanted the papers to look before I adhered them to the page.

I added a paper doily to the sides of banners to bring in some white to the page.  
This really popped in the finished page. I also added a largish paper doily from my collection.

Once this was done I mounted my photo on to a soft green/blue Ultimate Crafts cardstock called Charming, again softening the edges with the pink ink and then just added a die cut (discontined) in the same green behind the photo (cut in half), overlapping the paper doily.

Once my photo was attached to the page, I added some bling and my flower cluster.  The two butterflies at the top were fussy cut from one of the pieces of paper.

To finish it off I chose a chipboard title from the C'est La Vie collection, Stop and Smell the Roses.  This one was hotfoiled using the Champagne coloured foil.

I hope you like it.









No comments:

Post a Comment