4 March 2017

be BOLD | D-lish Scraps


Hi Everyone,

Welcome to March.  For my first share on the D-Lish Scraps blog this month I got a little bit messy to create this page of my niece Sabine.  I have had this photo in my collection for a little while now and I think I have finally done it justice, well I am hoping I have.  It needed this little bit of 'grunge' to help it shine considering the attitude on her face.


To start my page I covered my white cardstock with some gesso.  Once dry I used an orange gelato stick and scribbled on the bottom third of the page and then spritzed it with water, then blended it with my fingers.  I then lightly dried it using my heat gun.

Next I used an alphabet stencil from my collection and added some texture over the top portion of the orange.  I then mixed in a little of the gelato stick into some embossing paste and used a flourish stencil to add some more texture to the page. Once dry I flicked a small amount of black ink over the page.



Using a script stamp and some black ink, I stamped in a couple of places over the background.
My embellishments came mostly from previous Just Add Paper kits, including the film strips and polaroid die cuts, the washi tape, black wire, punchinella and the flair button.  I also added some enamel dots and enamal shapes and a couple of raw veneer stars that I inked up.




Whilst some of the exact items are no longer available, there is a whole range of other goodies available that could easily replace what I have used on the page.








Thanks so much for dropping by.  I hope you are even just a little inspired to jump in a try some of the current challenges up on The Scrap Suite Facebook page.
Hopefully I'll see you back here in a couple of weeks for my next post.

Ciao,
Anita
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment